Bert Botta: Aviation Expert Witness, Former Airline and Corporate Jet Captain, Aviation Writer.
Bert has over 35 years and 16,000 hours + of flight experience with TWA and NetJets.
His Aviation Expert Witness General Specialties are: Pilot and Flight Crew Human Factors, Emotional and Psychological Effects on Pilot Judgment, Pilot Behavior Analysis, Accident Analysis
Specialty Focus:Aviation Psychology, Pilot Error, Pilot Human Factors, Pilot Professional Standards,Flight Crew Performance, Pilot Complacency, Aviation Accidents, Pilot Fatigue, Emotional Intelligence, Crew Coordination, Aviation Emotional Intelligence, Corporate Flight Crews, In-Flight Safety, Cockpit Behavior
Education:MA, John F Kennedy University; BA, San Francisco State University; Post Graduate, Advanced Human Studies Institute, Miami, FL
Years in Private Counseling & Consulting Practice: 10
Specialties and Experience: Bert combines 35 years of Professional Aviation as a Worldwide, International Airline and Corporate Pilot with 10 years as a former Licensed Professional Counselor in Private Practice.
General Specialties:Flight Crew Human Factors, Pilot Judgment, Pilot Behavior Analysis, Accident Analysis
• Masters Degree, Counseling Psychology from John F Kennedy University, Orinda, CA.
• BA, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA.
• Post Graduate Studies, the Advanced Human Studies Institute, Miami, FL.
Bert has 35 years as a:
• Airline Instructor Pilot/Captain for Trans World Airlines
• FAA Designated Check Airman at TWA
• Corporate Jet Captain for NetJets
• 10 years Private Practice as a former Licensed Professional Counselor
• Chairman, TWA Airline Pilots Association (ALPA) Professional Standards Committee
• Chairman, NetJets Professional Standards Committee
This breadth of experience gives Bert an in-depth perspective into the emotional and psychological makeup of aviation professionals and has proven invaluable in his professional pilot career, especially in his role as an FAA Certified Pilot Instructor and now as an Aviation Expert Witness.